Sunday, 26 June 2011

Module - Course Reflection and Feedback

I have enjoyed coming from a point where I knew little of the Web 2.0 technology that was about to now understanding it a lot more.  I have been pushed by the school's heavy reliance on online learning and this has also been of benefit on this brief, but ongoing journey.  The key element to remember is that being a good teacher still relies on the relationships that are present in the classroom, and technology is about enhancing the learning, not replacing it with a laptop or computer screen.  There is much potential for me to move forward with these and I don't think there will be an opportunity for me to go back to chalk-and-talk or mountains of paper-based resources.  From experience, my classes won't let me!  The students have been exposed to my learnings from this course and they have been quick to feedback the positives on a greater use of the Web 2.0 technologies I have come to learn about.  I still have a long way to go to really engage more in this, but I want to now move into the area of Understanding by Design and Challenge-Based Learning so that my Web 2.0 learnings increase, but so that they are able to be applied to substantial pedagogies and not become one-off classroom tricks just to keep the students on their laptops, or trying some new trick/app.

No comments:

Post a Comment